Disneyland wants all of their guests to have a magical visit, that includes service animals!
Today we are sharing the basics like where they are not permitted and where they can go when they need to, well you know “go”.
This post contains affiliate links. Meaning that at no additional cost to you, we receive a commission from sales made through our links. The proceeds allow us to purchase products from the parks to giveaway in our Facebook group.
Service animals are not permitted on all attractions. This is for the safety of both the service animal and all guests.
Below is a list of the attractions in which a service animal is not permitted to board.
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
- Gadget’s Go Coaster
- Indiana Jones Adventure
- Matterhorn Bobsleds
- Smuggler’s Run
- Space Mountain
- Splash Mountain
- Star Tours – The Adventures Continue
- Goofy’s Sky School
- Grizzly River Run
- Jumpin’ Jellyfish
- Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree
- Radiator Springs Racers
- Silly Symphony Swings
- Soarin’ Around the World
- Guardian’s of the Galaxy Mission Breakout
Guests with service animals who wish to ride these attractions have two options.
- Rider Switch: One member of your party stays with the service animal, then gets to ride when the rest returns. Note that they will allow the other guest to ride with another from your party if you have more than two in it.
- Kennel: Most of these attractions have a kennel at the loading area. If not, there may be a wait for them to have one transferred to it.
Service Animal Relief Areas
Service dogs may relieve themselves in any open outdoor area as long as their owners pick up after them and leave the area clean. There are also relief areas designated for service dogs to relieve themselves throughout the parks. Where ever your service animal ends up relieving themselves, be sure to be a courteous guest and pick up after them. Here is a list for each park:
- Frontierland – Frontierland/Fantasyland transition area: Easy to access.
- Fantasyland – Planter across from “Small World”: This area is filled with soft grass and a fire hydrant, however, because Disneyland is now using the area in front of this relief area as a reserved seating area for certain parades, it is not easy to get to. We had to go through several lines of ropes and people who were in line for Small World to access this spot. Not too bad for someone one foot, but extremely hard for someone in a wheelchair.
- New Orleans Square – Fountain area planter on right near the Train Station and Haunted Mansion. This is another hard to access area, especially for wheelchairs as the overflow line for the Haunted Mansion blocks it.
- Central Plaza service animal break area located between Main Street and Pixie Hollow. Not a large area and often blocked because of people waiting for a parade.
- Grizzly Peak – Behind Grizzly River Run next to the smoking section (near “Grizzly Peak Pass” sign): This is an excellent location as it isn’t confined to a small area nor is it ever blocked by crowds.
- Paradise Pier – Access gate between Seaside Souvenirs and The Little Mermaid- Ariel’s Undersea Adventure extended queue. Easy to access except when there is a parade.